- ½ loaf of cornbread (crumbled up)
- 1 medium onion [~ 2 cups when cut] (minced)
- 4-5 mushrooms [~ 1 cup when cut] (minced)
- 5-7 celery stalks [~ 1 cup when cut] (minced)
- 1 can low sodium whole olives [~ 1 cup when cut] (minced)
- 1 can (2 cups) cream of mushroom soup [16oz]
- ½ TB pepper
- 1 tsp salt [ground Himalayan Pink], oregano powder (or poultry seasoning)
- ½ cup veggie broth
- 1 TB olive oil, unsalted butter, or coconut butter [for the baking dish]
Note: If desired all of the veggies can be chopped up in a food processor. Just be sure to do each ingredient one at a time to ensure desired, minced, texture.
- Crumble up all of the cornbread into a bowl. Ensure there aren’t any big chunks.
- Add the salt, oregano, pepper, minced onions, celery, olives, and mushroom into a separate, large mixing bowl and mix.
- Once mixed add the seasonings and mix thoroughly together.
- Add the ground up cornbread 1 cup at a time and mix thoroughly after every addition. You can add all of it at once, but the one cup method ensures a better even distribution of ingredients.
- Lastly, add the veggie broth to the dressing mix and stir together until creamy texture is achieved.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly oiled/buttered 9”x9” pan. Bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes or until desired crunch/browning is seen at top.
Note: If you like a less moist/thin dressing, add mixture to a 9” x 13” pan.