- 4 cups multigrain [ you can use quinoa, millet, bulgur wheat, or any alternative if you are gluten free]
- 3 carrots, 3 celery stalks (minced)
- 4 mushrooms (minced)
- 1 zucchini (minced)
- 2-3 pickled jalapeno (minced)
- 1 large onion, bell pepper [any color] (minced)
- 2 cups of salsa [your favorite]
- 4 cups water or veggie broth [any combination]
Note: Any veggies you would like to use/ are available will be great for this recipe. Regardless of what added flavor (i.e. salsa etc) be sure to use 2 cups of it or more, just use 2 cups of liquid per 1 cup of grain. If you are using quinoa, be sure to rinse it; you can rinse all of them if desired
- Add all of the veggies into a large pan and simmer until veggies are tender. If you are using carrot, add that first, then items like onions, zucchini, celery, mushrooms, and lastly the bell peppers. Cook on medium-high heat or high heat stirring frequently.
- Once prepped at the seasonings and mix together.
- Add in the grain and mix together with the veggies.
- Once mixed, add the salsa, water, and mix together. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer/low heat.
- Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
Note: This is a great recipe for bulk lunches for the work week. You can also use these to make burritos or a variety of stuffed vegetables with the leftovers.